The Nomination Committee of the Panel has been established to monitor the size, composition and balance of the Panel. In particular, it makes recommendations about the appointment (and any renewal of appointment) of the Chairman and Deputy Chairmen of the Panel and of Panel members (and their alternates) who will serve on either the Hearings Committee or the Code Committee (but not those members appointed by the Nominating Bodies). It also makes recommendations about the appointment of the Director General of the Panel.
The Nomination Committee includes:
- the Chairman
- one of the Deputy Chairmen
- a member appointed by the Panel and designated to serve on the Hearings Committee
- a member appointed by the Panel and designated to serve on the Code Committee
- a member appointed by one of the Nominating Bodies
- a Bank of England nominee